"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now -- when?"
"We shall not cease from exploration And the end of all our exploring Will be to arrive where we started And know the place for the first time."
People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering.
When you plant lettuce, if it does not grow well, you don't blame the lettuce. You look for reasons it is not doing well. It may need fertilizer, or more water, or less sun. You never blame the lettuce. Yet if we have problems with our friends or family, we blame the other person.
Thich Nhat Hanh
Why does the mind habitually deny or resist the Now? Because it cannot function and remain in control without time, which is past and future, so it perceives the timeless Now as threatening. Time and mind are in fact inseparable.
There is a saying in Tibetan, "Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength." No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that's our real disaster.
The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly. Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive. To put it more accurately, it is not so much that you use your mind wrongly - you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease. You believe that you are your mind. This is the delusion. The instrument has taken you over
While still remaining who you are, you can bring about a quantum leap in your awareness, and the sign that the leap is real will be some emergent property you never experienced in the past.
If you have fear of some pain or suffering, you should examine whether there is anything you can do about it. If you can, there is no need to worry about it; if you cannot do anything, then there is also no need to worry.
Musicians must make music, artists must paint, poets must write if they are to be ultimately at peace with themselves. What human beings can be, they must be. They must be true to their own nature. This need we may call self-actualization.
Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
There are no perfect human beings! Persons can be found who are good, very good indeed, in fact, great. There do in fact exist creators, seers, sages, saints, shakers, and movers... And yet these very same people can at times be boring, irritating, petulant, selfish, angry, or depressed. To avoid disillusionment with human nature, we must first give up our illusions about it.
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)
Systemic Theory and Practice in Family Constellations
Spanda, in association with Ochre (Ireland), is happy to offer a 6-module Online course on Systemic Theory & Practice in Family Constellations.
This 12-day online course consists of 6 modules x 2 days for each module. (78 hours)
Schedule of Dates for 2023
Module 1: Feb 23rd & 24th
Module 2: March 23rd & 24th
Module 3: April 27th & 28th
Module 4: May 25th & 26th
Module 5: June 22nd & 23rd
Module 6: July 20th & 21st
All the dates are on a Thursday & Friday
Timing: 11 am to 6 pm IST with short breaks.
It is mandatory to attend all the modules.
Contact email@example.com for registering.
We will come together to offer this online course through Zoom in a group setting using human representatives, small figures, and a phenomenological approach. This unique method of working online has been personally developed.
In constellation work you are invited to enter a “Knowing Field” – an energetic field where everything that has been created belongs and has a place. The ‘field’ is a place where that which has been excluded can be brought back together again, opening the channels so love can flow.
A broader image unfolds in the work as you see how people relate to each other while seen and unseen dynamics come to light. These dynamics are often guided by, what we call systemic work, the principles of relationship.
The way we belong in our family systems become very clear, often we are connected by hidden rules, by blind love and binding loyalties.
We can appreciate and honour the wise adaptations of our personalities that have helped us to cope and to survive thus far so life could flow on. Life does flow on, but often at quite a cost. And at the same time something happens to the flow of love!
While we journey in the constellation in this way, looking through the lens of loving, inclusive compassion, we learn without judgment, what happens when hearts and souls have had to close.
We see how it is we belong in the contexts we inhabit and the different loyalties between which we are divided.
We find innocence and guilt in the limitations of different levels of conscience.
Reconciliation becomes possible between victims and perpetrators in the very act of being truly seen.
We connect with the importance of our sense of place and our familial bonds when everything and everyone is in the right place.
We see the consequences of how ‘blind love’ operates through compensation and identification within a family system through the open-heartedness of an innocent child.
The constellation process offers the possibility to find a new understanding, a different image which can lead to a ‘Yes’ to the gift of life as it has come down to us. Respecting the full price it cost our ancestors to pass it on to us and acknowledging the full price we paid to receive it.
Thank you for the gift of life!
- That this course will enable you to experience phenomenologically and learn cognitively the principles and fundamentals of systemic family constellation work
- That while your understanding expands you will start to think in a systemic way and see through a systemic lens, as you view the individual within a larger context. It can have a deeply profound effect when you notice and feel what influences the dynamics within a family system.
- That in the continuum, you experience personal growth and healing through all the different levels of learning offered during this course.
- We hope that you will learn what moves the Soul as you become more familiar with the grammar and language of the personality within the family system. And then start the process of translating it all into the language of the Soul.
- During our time together we will explore the unconscious intergenerational dynamics that operate in our very sacred families. We will learn how the effects of loss, trauma, and exclusion are transmitted intergenerationally, and see how these have been experienced within our personal and cultural histories.
- We will also experience the great joy of connection – to be separate and connected.
- As we deepen into presence we will explore our understanding of the field which unfolds in constellation work, and see what happens when we pay attention and listen to the truth of experience coming through the body.
- We will learn to be guided by the heart and become aware of the subtle movements of the soul. The movement from the past is into alignment with the present and agreement with all that ‘is’ just as we are, just as it is.